How to Replace Imported Carbon / Fiberglass Parts
Redesign cheap imported carbon fiber CNC routed parts.
Have you imported a frame, model, design, part or assembly from overseas, and have had an accident, and you are unable to find a replacement part.
We can help you too replace your part, quickly and easily.
All we require is either the old part, as long as there is enough of it left intact or a drawing file of it to be able to re-cut the part.
We can also redesign the part for you to make it better / stronger / lighter as required.
We have good stock of 3K carbon Fiber and FR4 / G10 in various thickness for 0.4, 0.8, 1.0, 1.6, 2.0, 2.4, 3.0, 4.0 and 5.0mm.
We CNC machine these parts in-house so can directly control the quality.
We Can Upgrade Most Parts
We are able to upgrade most fiberglass and carbon fiber parts. We would initially input the old part into our CAD software then set about looking at ways to make the part better by design and material selection.
Also when you send us your old part or design with any of your redesign requests, we will give constructive comments upon them, as all we are striving for, is to make the part as strong as possible for you.
An Example of A carbon Fiber Arm From A Mini Quadcopter
It’s all about design and taking the time to do it correctly. Poor design normally leads to failures and disappointment. Here we use our experience to work with you to develop your product/new part. Its not normally hard once the design is within CAD.
Poorly designed mini quad arm
- Centre hole for the motor bearing is over sized.
- Small radius used between the motor arm and the motor fixing area producing stress points.
- The arm is not very wide.
Better designed mini quad arm
- The arm is very slightly wider.
- The hole for the motor bearing has been made the correct size
- The area around the motor is wider and motor can protection lugs have been added.
- The “stress risers” have been removed between the arm and the motor mount by inserting large radius curves.